High Ridge Park
10100 Superior Avenue, Laurel, MD 20723
- Size: 88 acres
- Habitat: Fall Line location;
mixed deciduous/coniferous upland forest adjacent to Patuxent
River below Rocky Gorge dam.
- Best Months: Mid-April to
early June; September to mid-October.
- Coverage Time: 30–45
- Trails/Paths: One mile
- Notable Birds: Cackling Goose,
White Ibis, Northern Goshawk, Laughing Gull, Olive-sided
Flycatcher, Least Flycatcher, Gray-cheeked Thrush, Mourning
- Amenities: Restrooms
(May–Sept), portable toilets rest of year. Tot lot, tennis
courts, basketball courts, picnic pavilion, a few picnic tables
in central recreational area.
- Handicapped Access: Wide paved
path with gentle grades
- Operation and Hours: Howard
County park; dawn to dusk (or as posted).
- Special Attractions: Mountain
laurel blooming peak is late May.
- Howard County Recreation and Parks information
Compiler: Joanne Solem